Mine Closure Plans & Costing
Landform designs and 3D presentations
Minserve consultants have been busy the past few years with landform design, optionality, costings, stakeholder presentations and providing active ongoing support to mines under rehabilitation across the Bowen and Surat Basins.
Experienced mining engineers prepare designs for not only the bulk earthworks but also providing volumes, schedules and cost estimates for every item of land forming to be done on-site.
As part of our delivery of a complete design, costing and presentation package for clients, Minserve continues to develop 3d presentations that aid in showing how design concepts meet internal governance and can inform and educate both key stakeholders and the general public alike. We have most recently incorporated our final landform designs into drone still imagery and video for realism that is a step above rendered fly-throughs.
Minserve has prepared and supported clients in submitting numerous ERC and PRCP applications including some of the largest open cut sites in Queensland. We understand the deliverables required from the data supplied and complete all facets of the deliverables in house.
Collective experience covers all aspects of the coal, metalliferous and extractive minerals industries from initial exploration through evaluation studies and project development to operations support.
- Prepare Spatial Data for Queensland Estimated Rehabilitation Costs Calculator (ERC)
- Prepare supporting documents, regrade estimates and complete ERC calculator for submission.
- Analyse life of mine plans and create progressive rehabilitation schedules, domains and milestones for Queensland Government Progressive Rehabilitation Closure Plans (PRCP).
- Develop site wide closure plans with costing for earthworks considering geotechnical, hydrogeological and environmental inputs.
- Create 3d presentations for stakeholder engagement, including 3d model fly-throughs and still time lapse imagery.
- Render existing drone imagery of site to incorporate 3d closure concepts.
- Aid in contractor engagement and tender shadow bids.
The Minserve team includes experienced users of leading mine planning and geological modelling software tools.
- Surpac Minex
- XPAC and TALPAC
In addition to off-the-shelf packages, Minserve personnel have developed a range of in-house modelling tools to solve site specific challenges as they arise.