- Geological assessment of coal and mineral resource areas
- Definition of exploration targets
- Planning, management and reporting of exploration programs
- Liaison with contractors, landholders and government
- Interpretation of geological, coal quality and mineral grade data
- Geological modelling
- JORC Resource estimation
- Input to due diligence studies, feasibility studies and technical audits
A recognised strength of Minserve is the range of geological services provided and the experience base supporting them. Work has been performed in Australia and overseas covering coal, metals, industrial minerals, gemstones and beach sands. Members have an impressive record in prospect evaluation and in the planning, management, analysis and reporting of exploration and development programs. Experienced assistance can also be provided for mine operational activities.
Recent emphasis has been directed towards coal exploration, and coal mining and services are often integrated with other related Minserve areas notably coal quality assessment, coal utilisation, geotechnical and mining considerations, and the estimation of coal resources and reserves.
Exploration geology covers field mapping and remote sensing studies, planning and supervision of drilling programs, core logging and sampling, 3D GIS target characterisation and interpretation of geophysical survey data. Mine geology includes opencut and underground mine mapping, assessment of coal quality data in relation to mining schedules, and resource estimation for technical or geological audits.