Leverage the expertise of a team of recognised industry leaders
Coal, metals, industrial minerals, gemstones and beach sands
Minserve has a long standing partnership with McElroy Bryan Geological Services. Work has been performed in Australia and overseas covering coal, metals, industrial minerals, gemstones and beach sands. Members have an impressive record in prospect evaluation and in the planning, management, analysis and reporting of exploration and development programs. Experienced assistance can also be provided for mine operational activities.
Recent emphasis has been directed towards coal exploration, and coal mining and services are often integrated with other related Minserve areas notably coal quality assessment, coal utilisation, geotechnical and mining considerations, and the estimation of coal resources and reserves.
Exploration geology covers field mapping and remote sensing studies, planning and supervision of drilling programs, core logging and sampling, 3D GIS target characterisation and interpretation of geophysical survey data. Mine geology includes opencut and underground mine mapping, assessment of coal quality data in relation to mining schedules, and resource estimation for technical or geological audits.
Collective experience covers all aspects of the coal, metalliferous and extractive minerals industries from initial exploration through evaluation studies and project development to operations support.
- Definition of exploration targets
- JORC compliant resource statements
- Geological assessment of coal and mineral resource areas
- Planning, management and reporting of exploration programs
- Liaison with contractors, landholders and government
- Interpretation and analysis of geological, geophysical, coal quality and mineral grade data
- Deposit modelling
- Estimation and auditing of coal resources and reserves
- Engineering geology applied to mining and civil applications
- Preparation of concise project summaries for management
- Input to due diligence studies, feasibility studies & technical audits
The Minserve team includes experienced users of leading mine planning and geological modelling software tools.
- Surpac Minex
- XPAC and TALPAC
In addition to off-the-shelf packages, Minserve personnel have developed a range of in-house modelling tools to solve site specific challenges as they arise.